Summer vacation has started. Full time fun for kids. But with scorching heat outside, any outdoor plan goes for a toss. activities are the only way to kill time at home. Well it can be seen as an opportunity to have quality time with kids and fill this time with parent-child bonding activities.
Here are few interesting indoor game ideas:
- Balance Beam
* Clean floor, Colored mask tapes (3-4 minimum)
* Clear space on floor and stick out straight line (beams) using mask tapes. Make one lines of each color of length somewhere near 1-2m
* Define rules for each color like walk on Red beam hold right ear with left hand or walk on blue line with one hand raised in air
Quick Tip: Toss chits to choose which color to walk and challenge to be taken
- Listen out loud
* Household Item.
* Collect few items with unique sound like bottle, comb, toy cars, steel glass, spoon or anything you think has unique sound
* Now ask them to turn around, no cheating allowed, and ask make sound with one of the object
Quick Tip: Select more than 10 objects to make it game more interesting
- Indoor bowling
* Thermacol or plastic glasses, ball
* Stack up glass to make pyramid
- Hide n Seek
* Child proof space
* Mark out the area permitted for the game
* Ask everyone else tohide in the permitted area
- Board Games
* Any board game available
* This is most ancient game played from the time you were kids. Play game as per the rules of game.